Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Posted Mar 4, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE Here are this morning’s updates on the injured Rays:
3B Evan Longoria (swollen right hand) said he will likely return to the lineup Tuesday.
“Maybe tomorrow, probably Tuesday for sure,” he said.
LHP Matt Moore (mid lower abdomen strain) said his bullpen Saturday went well.
“It was like back to normal,” he said. “(Saturday) was really, really good.”
Moore is scheduled to throw another bullpen Monday and a round of live BP on Thursday. He’s not sure when he will pitch in a game, but it could be next weekend.
1B Carlos Peña, who is being afforded more time to get ready, is scheduled to take live BP on Monday morning. Rays manager Joe Maddon said he expects Peña to play by Wednesday.
“I’ll play before that,” Peña said. “Wednesday seems too far.”
Also, RHP Kyle Farnsworth, who is only scheduled to make seven appearances this spring, and RHP Brandon Gomes (back) are scheduled to throw live BP on Monday morning to Peña, DH Luke Scott (shoulder), minor league catcher Mark Thomas and possibly OF Sam Fuld (wrist).
Maddon said he expects Scott and Fuld to play in games by the end of the week.