Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
In The Game pays tribute to Hockey history
Posted Jun 21, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 21, 2012 at 06:42 PM
In The Game will pay tribute to pro hockey’s rich tradition with a new set, called appropriately enough, The History of Hockey.
Each pack will contain four cards: a Greatest Moments in Hockey History card, one rookie card (not a reprint, but an actual rookie card), an authenticated autographed card and one In The Game Buy-Back card.
Information is scarce right now on this product, like when it will be released, for example. In The Game is promising more information over the next few weeks, so stay tuned.
The Greatest Moments in Hockey card will feature game-used memorabilia paired with original artwork, including hand-painted 1/1 cards by artist Jared Kelley.
Rookie cards will include players like Georges Vezina, Steven Stamkos, Alexander Ovechkin, Henrik Lundqvist and Sidney Crosby.
The Buy-Back cards will feature some of In The Game’s most memorable autograph and game-used Memorabilia cards since the company made its debut during the 1998-99 season.
This looks like the kind of set that will have appeal for both vintage and modern-day collectors. More details to come as they become available.
In other ITG news, pre-orders for the Broad Street Boys set, a tribute to the legendary Philadelphia Flyers franchise, has been sold out. That product will ship June 29.