Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays V BoSox: Myers update, Fortune Favors the Bald, lineups
- Oviedo arrives and lineups for split-squad Saturday
- Collect call: 2014 Topps Sticker Collection
- Cambridge Christian searching for new AD, boys basketball coach
- Rays @ Braves: Lineups
- Rays v Pirates: Lineups
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Basketball: Gray, Ingram, Sanders, Roberts, Seoane to play in FACA All-Star game
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
In The Game pays tribute to Hockey history
Posted Jun 21, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 21, 2012 at 06:42 PM
In The Game will pay tribute to pro hockey’s rich tradition with a new set, called appropriately enough, The History of Hockey.
Each pack will contain four cards: a Greatest Moments in Hockey History card, one rookie card (not a reprint, but an actual rookie card), an authenticated autographed card and one In The Game Buy-Back card.
Information is scarce right now on this product, like when it will be released, for example. In The Game is promising more information over the next few weeks, so stay tuned.
The Greatest Moments in Hockey card will feature game-used memorabilia paired with original artwork, including hand-painted 1/1 cards by artist Jared Kelley.
Rookie cards will include players like Georges Vezina, Steven Stamkos, Alexander Ovechkin, Henrik Lundqvist and Sidney Crosby.
The Buy-Back cards will feature some of In The Game’s most memorable autograph and game-used Memorabilia cards since the company made its debut during the 1998-99 season.
This looks like the kind of set that will have appeal for both vintage and modern-day collectors. More details to come as they become available.
In other ITG news, pre-orders for the Broad Street Boys set, a tribute to the legendary Philadelphia Flyers franchise, has been sold out. That product will ship June 29.