Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
In The Game pays tribute to Hockey history
Posted Jun 21, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 21, 2012 at 06:42 PM
In The Game will pay tribute to pro hockey’s rich tradition with a new set, called appropriately enough, The History of Hockey.
Each pack will contain four cards: a Greatest Moments in Hockey History card, one rookie card (not a reprint, but an actual rookie card), an authenticated autographed card and one In The Game Buy-Back card.
Information is scarce right now on this product, like when it will be released, for example. In The Game is promising more information over the next few weeks, so stay tuned.
The Greatest Moments in Hockey card will feature game-used memorabilia paired with original artwork, including hand-painted 1/1 cards by artist Jared Kelley.
Rookie cards will include players like Georges Vezina, Steven Stamkos, Alexander Ovechkin, Henrik Lundqvist and Sidney Crosby.
The Buy-Back cards will feature some of In The Game’s most memorable autograph and game-used Memorabilia cards since the company made its debut during the 1998-99 season.
This looks like the kind of set that will have appeal for both vintage and modern-day collectors. More details to come as they become available.
In other ITG news, pre-orders for the Broad Street Boys set, a tribute to the legendary Philadelphia Flyers franchise, has been sold out. That product will ship June 29.