Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
In The Game announces NSCC promotion
Posted Jul 5, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jul 5, 2012 at 07:53 PM
It just keeps getting better for collectors who will be attending the 33rd National Sports Collectors Convention in Baltimore (Aug. 1-5). Topps and Upper Deck already have announced their promotions for the event, and on Thursday In The Game followed suit.
The UM-11 National SuperBox will be available for hockey fans to open during the convention. Collectors that do purchase a box will be able to open five UM-11 packs and will receive a special 1/1 dual memorabilia autograph card.
In addition, collectors can receive a 1/1 dual memorabilia card for opening and redeeming their UM-11 National SuperBox at In The Game’s booth at the National. To qualify for that 1/1 dual memorabilia redemption card, you must open these boxes at the National.
There will be 100 different 1/1 auto/memorabilia cards that will be sprinkled among boxes of the UM-11 product. Players include the Lightning’s Steven Stamkos and Vinny Lecavalier; and big names like Gordie Howe, Mario Lemieux, Phil Esposito, Jaromir Jagr, Mark Messier, Mike Bossy, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Eric Staal and more.
The dual 1/1 memorabilia card will incorporate the same list of players.
There is redemption for collectors who open other In The Game products, too.
For example, fans who open and redeem a box of Between The Pipes at the ITG booth will receive a die-cut game-used card made exclusively for the National. These cards will include jersey, glove, pad and glove/pad cards of such goalies as Tim Thomas, Patrick Roy, Grant Fuhr and Gerry Cheevers.
Each card will have nine silver versions and a 1/1 gold card.
Philadelphia Flyers fans who open and redeem a box of ITG’s Broad Street Boys at the company’s booth will receive a stamped game-used card from the set. Each card will be a 1/1.
Sounds great, but be sure to read the fine print and follow directions in order to collect the special cards. All boxes must be opened at the same time and all wrappers must be submitted to ITG personnel. Boxes must have shrink-wrap with the In The Game logo on it to qualify.
The redemption card offer extends through all days of the show, or while supplies last. And of course, all redemptions are subject to change.
OK, you’ve read the disclaimer. Follow In The Game’s rules, and you can collect some hockey jewels.