Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Hudson tabs Leslie Speakman for girls hoops coach
Posted Feb 28, 2013 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Feb 28, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Hudson athletic director Keith Newton confirmed Thursday afternoon that the school has officially hired Leslie Speakman as the next girls basketball coach.
Speakman, a social studies teacher at Hudson, was chosen in favor of Billy Nero, who was the interim coach for the second half of the Cobras’ season this winter. Hudson advertised the opening Feb. 15th, and Newton said the school was looking to make a hire within a two-week period.
Midseason, Laurie Tyszko stepped down as coach, and Nero stepped in on an interim basis. The Cobras finished 2-22 this past season.
Tyszko previously coached at Land O’ Lakes in the 2010-11 season and led the Gators to a 24-3 record and a trip to the region finals. During the Summer 2011, Tyszko took the same position at Hudson and in her first season went 1-26.