Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Hudson tabs Leslie Speakman for girls hoops coach
Posted Feb 28, 2013 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Feb 28, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Hudson athletic director Keith Newton confirmed Thursday afternoon that the school has officially hired Leslie Speakman as the next girls basketball coach.
Speakman, a social studies teacher at Hudson, was chosen in favor of Billy Nero, who was the interim coach for the second half of the Cobras’ season this winter. Hudson advertised the opening Feb. 15th, and Newton said the school was looking to make a hire within a two-week period.
Midseason, Laurie Tyszko stepped down as coach, and Nero stepped in on an interim basis. The Cobras finished 2-22 this past season.
Tyszko previously coached at Land O’ Lakes in the 2010-11 season and led the Gators to a 24-3 record and a trip to the region finals. During the Summer 2011, Tyszko took the same position at Hudson and in her first season went 1-26.