Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Hudson LB Steven Phillips headed to Averett University
Posted Apr 10, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Apr 10, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Hudson linebacker Steven Phillips will play college football for Averett University, a Division III private school in Daneville, Virginia, Cobras coach Mark Kantor tweeted and later confirmed Wednesday afternoon.
Phillips, who made his commitment by phone Wednesday, becomes the first Hudson football player to sign with a college under Kantor, who took over the Cobras in Spring 2012 following back-to-back winless seasons.
Phillips, who had a team-high 105 tackles, four sacks, three pat downs, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery, was integral to Hudson’s turnaround that saw the team go 3-7 and finish fifth in the Class 5A-District 6 standings.
Averett struggled last season, as the Cougars finished 1-9 last season.