Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Hudson hires new volleyball, baseball coaches
Posted May 31, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 31, 2012 at 02:06 PM
Hudson athletic director Keith Newton announced Thursday morning that the school has hired a new volleyball and baseball coach.
Stephen Jones, already the girls soccer coach since 2009, takes over volleyball duties, while Robert Petrucci will be brought in to manage the baseball team.
“We are excited to have these two in our program,” Newton said in an e-mail.
Jones, who was a volleyball official last season, takes over a team that missed the state tournament as the No. 1 seed in the Class 5A-District 8 tournament, plus loses Sunshine Athletic Conference player of the year, Lacey Carley. However, Logan McGee, who had 207 kills and 65 aces, returns.
Jones was also a good choice for this position since many of the volleyball players are his soccer players and the seasons can overlap.
Petrucci, a former Hudson baseball player and now a teacher at Crews Lake Middle, comes in with collegiate playing experience after playing at Valdosta State. This is his first varsity position after coaching JV baseball at Central.
Petrucci takes over a team that was just 5-22, however, did pull off an impressive upset of No. 2-seeded Fivay in the 5A-8 baseball district tournament.