Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Hudson hires new volleyball, baseball coaches
Posted May 31, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 31, 2012 at 02:06 PM
Hudson athletic director Keith Newton announced Thursday morning that the school has hired a new volleyball and baseball coach.
Stephen Jones, already the girls soccer coach since 2009, takes over volleyball duties, while Robert Petrucci will be brought in to manage the baseball team.
“We are excited to have these two in our program,” Newton said in an e-mail.
Jones, who was a volleyball official last season, takes over a team that missed the state tournament as the No. 1 seed in the Class 5A-District 8 tournament, plus loses Sunshine Athletic Conference player of the year, Lacey Carley. However, Logan McGee, who had 207 kills and 65 aces, returns.
Jones was also a good choice for this position since many of the volleyball players are his soccer players and the seasons can overlap.
Petrucci, a former Hudson baseball player and now a teacher at Crews Lake Middle, comes in with collegiate playing experience after playing at Valdosta State. This is his first varsity position after coaching JV baseball at Central.
Petrucci takes over a team that was just 5-22, however, did pull off an impressive upset of No. 2-seeded Fivay in the 5A-8 baseball district tournament.