Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Horn Is On Bucs Radar
Posted Jul 24, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jul 24, 2009 at 01:34 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs have been talking internally for weeks now about adding another receiver and there’s a chance that incoming wideout could be veteran Joe Horn.
Horn has definitely been a topic of conversation at One Buc Place and according to Horn’s agent, Ralph Vitolo, receivers coach Richard Mann is a big fan of the idea of adding Horn while offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski is at least a big fan of Horn’s.
The holdup in the whole matter as it sits now is apparently Bucs GM Mark Dominik. Vitolo has been waiting for answer as to whether the Bucs even want to take a look at Horn but so far he hasn’t heard back from Dominik. Vitolo said he expects to hear something either this weekend or by Monday.
Horn’s age, 37, and the fact he didn’t play at all last year are two big negatives against him. The Bucs are, after all, are in the middle of a youth movement. But they do have a need for a slot receiver to replace Ike Hilliard and Horn could be the answer.
This is one that’s worth keeping an eye on, so keep checking back here to TBO.com. If and when we get a final answer on the Bucs interest in Horn, we’ll pass it along.