Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Horn Is On Bucs Radar
Posted Jul 24, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jul 24, 2009 at 01:34 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs have been talking internally for weeks now about adding another receiver and there’s a chance that incoming wideout could be veteran Joe Horn.
Horn has definitely been a topic of conversation at One Buc Place and according to Horn’s agent, Ralph Vitolo, receivers coach Richard Mann is a big fan of the idea of adding Horn while offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski is at least a big fan of Horn’s.
The holdup in the whole matter as it sits now is apparently Bucs GM Mark Dominik. Vitolo has been waiting for answer as to whether the Bucs even want to take a look at Horn but so far he hasn’t heard back from Dominik. Vitolo said he expects to hear something either this weekend or by Monday.
Horn’s age, 37, and the fact he didn’t play at all last year are two big negatives against him. The Bucs are, after all, are in the middle of a youth movement. But they do have a need for a slot receiver to replace Ike Hilliard and Horn could be the answer.
This is one that’s worth keeping an eye on, so keep checking back here to TBO.com. If and when we get a final answer on the Bucs interest in Horn, we’ll pass it along.