Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Holy Names’ Narzissenfeld advances to 2A-10 tennis final
Posted Apr 8, 2008 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Academy of the Holy Names’ Melissa Narzissenfeld defeated last year’s 2A-10 district champion, St. Petersburg Catholic’s Alyssa Bellini 6-1, 6-4 in the No. 1’s district semifinals at Hillsborough Community College Monday.
Narzissenfeld missed a majority of the tennis season due to back problems, but played in AHN’s final four matches to become eligible for district play.
“Melissa is very quiet, but she is a real fighter,” AHN coach Allen Liberato said. “Right now she is in a real groove and what a competitor.”
Narzissenfeld will face Tampa Prep’s Kelly Palmer in the district final Tuesday at 9 a.m. at HCC.
Check Wednesday’s Tampa Tribune for wrap-ups of all of Hillsborough County’s district tournament tennis action.