Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Holy Names’ Narzissenfeld advances to 2A-10 tennis final
Posted Apr 8, 2008 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Academy of the Holy Names’ Melissa Narzissenfeld defeated last year’s 2A-10 district champion, St. Petersburg Catholic’s Alyssa Bellini 6-1, 6-4 in the No. 1’s district semifinals at Hillsborough Community College Monday.
Narzissenfeld missed a majority of the tennis season due to back problems, but played in AHN’s final four matches to become eligible for district play.
“Melissa is very quiet, but she is a real fighter,” AHN coach Allen Liberato said. “Right now she is in a real groove and what a competitor.”
Narzissenfeld will face Tampa Prep’s Kelly Palmer in the district final Tuesday at 9 a.m. at HCC.
Check Wednesday’s Tampa Tribune for wrap-ups of all of Hillsborough County’s district tournament tennis action.