Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Holy Names’ Narzissenfeld advances to 2A-10 tennis final
Posted Apr 8, 2008 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Academy of the Holy Names’ Melissa Narzissenfeld defeated last year’s 2A-10 district champion, St. Petersburg Catholic’s Alyssa Bellini 6-1, 6-4 in the No. 1’s district semifinals at Hillsborough Community College Monday.
Narzissenfeld missed a majority of the tennis season due to back problems, but played in AHN’s final four matches to become eligible for district play.
“Melissa is very quiet, but she is a real fighter,” AHN coach Allen Liberato said. “Right now she is in a real groove and what a competitor.”
Narzissenfeld will face Tampa Prep’s Kelly Palmer in the district final Tuesday at 9 a.m. at HCC.
Check Wednesday’s Tampa Tribune for wrap-ups of all of Hillsborough County’s district tournament tennis action.