Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Holy Names golfers take Mustang Invitational
Posted Sep 21, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Sep 21, 2012 at 02:06 PM
Academy of the Holy Names junior golfer Emmy Martin took her second straight individual medalist honors at Thursday’s 18-hole, Mustang Invitational hosted at Seminole Lake Country Club, shooting a two-over 73 helping the Jaguars to a team win over among others the only team thus far to top AHN (2-1) in nine-hole play this season, Northside Christian.
Behind a 74 from Mariah Diaz, a 77 from Casey Pluchino and an 80 from Christina Gerecke, the Jaguars topped Northside Christian (the next lowest team) by 16 strokes with a combined 304. In 2011 Holy Names finished in eighth place in the Class 1A state tournament ahead of Northside, which finished 10th.
The Jaguars are a week removed from a fourth place finish at the Carrollton Golf Preview at Doral Golf Resort, where the Jaguars faced off against a number of the top teams in the state including last year’s 1A runner-up Plantation American Heritage.