Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Holy Names golfers take Mustang Invitational
Posted Sep 21, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Sep 21, 2012 at 02:06 PM
Academy of the Holy Names junior golfer Emmy Martin took her second straight individual medalist honors at Thursday’s 18-hole, Mustang Invitational hosted at Seminole Lake Country Club, shooting a two-over 73 helping the Jaguars to a team win over among others the only team thus far to top AHN (2-1) in nine-hole play this season, Northside Christian.
Behind a 74 from Mariah Diaz, a 77 from Casey Pluchino and an 80 from Christina Gerecke, the Jaguars topped Northside Christian (the next lowest team) by 16 strokes with a combined 304. In 2011 Holy Names finished in eighth place in the Class 1A state tournament ahead of Northside, which finished 10th.
The Jaguars are a week removed from a fourth place finish at the Carrollton Golf Preview at Doral Golf Resort, where the Jaguars faced off against a number of the top teams in the state including last year’s 1A runner-up Plantation American Heritage.