Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Hilsborough’s Jennings signs with Fort Hays, will join former Terriers QB Austin
Posted Feb 29, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Feb 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Hillsborough senior wide receiver Evan Jennings, the Terriers’ leading receiver last season, has signed a National Letter of Intent with Fort Hays State, a Division II school in Hays, Kansas, coach Earl Garcia said Wednesday.
Garcia also announced that quarterback Tarean Austin, Hillsborough’s all-time passer, has left New Mexico following the ouster of coach Mike Locksley last fall, and has transferred to Fort Hays.
The 6-foot-3, 175-pound Austin was a two-year starter for Hillsborough and this season had 24 receptions for 334 yards and three touchdowns. As a junior, Jennings made 16 catches for 335 yards and three TDs.
Austin graduated Hillsborough in 2009. His senior year, he threw for 2,157 yards and 20 TDs and had a quarterback rating of 109. He earned playing time as a true freshman at New Mexico and even started two games.