Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Hilsborough’s Jennings signs with Fort Hays, will join former Terriers QB Austin
Posted Feb 29, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Feb 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Hillsborough senior wide receiver Evan Jennings, the Terriers’ leading receiver last season, has signed a National Letter of Intent with Fort Hays State, a Division II school in Hays, Kansas, coach Earl Garcia said Wednesday.
Garcia also announced that quarterback Tarean Austin, Hillsborough’s all-time passer, has left New Mexico following the ouster of coach Mike Locksley last fall, and has transferred to Fort Hays.
The 6-foot-3, 175-pound Austin was a two-year starter for Hillsborough and this season had 24 receptions for 334 yards and three touchdowns. As a junior, Jennings made 16 catches for 335 yards and three TDs.
Austin graduated Hillsborough in 2009. His senior year, he threw for 2,157 yards and 20 TDs and had a quarterback rating of 109. He earned playing time as a true freshman at New Mexico and even started two games.