Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Hilsborough’s Jennings signs with Fort Hays, will join former Terriers QB Austin
Posted Feb 29, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Feb 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Hillsborough senior wide receiver Evan Jennings, the Terriers’ leading receiver last season, has signed a National Letter of Intent with Fort Hays State, a Division II school in Hays, Kansas, coach Earl Garcia said Wednesday.
Garcia also announced that quarterback Tarean Austin, Hillsborough’s all-time passer, has left New Mexico following the ouster of coach Mike Locksley last fall, and has transferred to Fort Hays.
The 6-foot-3, 175-pound Austin was a two-year starter for Hillsborough and this season had 24 receptions for 334 yards and three touchdowns. As a junior, Jennings made 16 catches for 335 yards and three TDs.
Austin graduated Hillsborough in 2009. His senior year, he threw for 2,157 yards and 20 TDs and had a quarterback rating of 109. He earned playing time as a true freshman at New Mexico and even started two games.