Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Hillsborough’s Sherit picks up offers from Arizona, Illinois
Posted Feb 2, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Feb 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Hillsborough defensive end Jordan Sherit, a first team, all-Hillsborough County selection last fall by the Tampa Tribune, has landed two more scholarship offers, including his first from west of the Mississippi.
Thursday, the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Sherit picked up Arizona and Illinois. He now has a 13 offers. Along with his latest two, Sherit also has Georgia Tech, Purdue, Connecticut, the University of Central Florida, South Carolina, Auburn, Purdue, Duke, Miami, Vanderbilt and the University of South Florida who have made Sherit offers.
Last season, Sherit, an honors student enrolled in Hillsborough’s International Baccalaureate program, recorded team-highs in tackles (110) and sacks (9), both of which were among the top numbers in the county.