Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Hillsborough’s Sherit picks up offers from Arizona, Illinois
Posted Feb 2, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Feb 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Hillsborough defensive end Jordan Sherit, a first team, all-Hillsborough County selection last fall by the Tampa Tribune, has landed two more scholarship offers, including his first from west of the Mississippi.
Thursday, the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Sherit picked up Arizona and Illinois. He now has a 13 offers. Along with his latest two, Sherit also has Georgia Tech, Purdue, Connecticut, the University of Central Florida, South Carolina, Auburn, Purdue, Duke, Miami, Vanderbilt and the University of South Florida who have made Sherit offers.
Last season, Sherit, an honors student enrolled in Hillsborough’s International Baccalaureate program, recorded team-highs in tackles (110) and sacks (9), both of which were among the top numbers in the county.