Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Hillsborough’s Sherit lands first SEC offer: Auburn
Posted Oct 31, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Oct 31, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Hillsborough junior defensive end Jordan Sherit earned his fifth Division I scholarship offer and his first from the Southeastern Conference when Auburn University made him a pitch Monday, Terriers head coach Earl Garcia said.
The Tigers follow Purdue, Duke, Miami and the University of South Florida who have made Sherit offers. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Sherit is in Hillsborough’s International Baccalaureate program and is arguably one of the most improved players in the county this season—and one of the most domianant at his position.
Entering the Teerriers’ game against King on Friday, he led the team in tackles (70) and sacks (6.5), has recovered two fumbles and knocked down three passes. He also plays tight end for Hillsborough and had a 25-yard touchdown reception Friday and is the squad’s long snapper on special teams.