Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Hillsborough’s Sherit lands first SEC offer: Auburn
Posted Oct 31, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Oct 31, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Hillsborough junior defensive end Jordan Sherit earned his fifth Division I scholarship offer and his first from the Southeastern Conference when Auburn University made him a pitch Monday, Terriers head coach Earl Garcia said.
The Tigers follow Purdue, Duke, Miami and the University of South Florida who have made Sherit offers. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Sherit is in Hillsborough’s International Baccalaureate program and is arguably one of the most improved players in the county this season—and one of the most domianant at his position.
Entering the Teerriers’ game against King on Friday, he led the team in tackles (70) and sacks (6.5), has recovered two fumbles and knocked down three passes. He also plays tight end for Hillsborough and had a 25-yard touchdown reception Friday and is the squad’s long snapper on special teams.