Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Hillsborough’s Harris lands two more D1 offers
Posted Mar 9, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Mar 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Hillsborough junior linebacker, running back and punter Nigel Harris raised his offers from Division I programs to six this week with pitches from Western Kentucky and the University of Massachusetts, his father, Lindsey Harris said Friday.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Harris also has offers from Purdue, the University of South Florida, Vanderbilt and the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
Harris was one of the Terriers’ most versatile players last season. He was No. 2 in tackles with 89, just behind teammate Jordan Sherit, had two fumble recoveries and a sack, rushed the ball 33 times for 138 yards and three touchdowns and made five receptions for 60 yards.
As a punter, Harris averaged of 37.1 yards on 34 kicks and had a long of 57.