Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Hillsborough’s Harris lands two more D1 offers
Posted Mar 9, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Mar 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Hillsborough junior linebacker, running back and punter Nigel Harris raised his offers from Division I programs to six this week with pitches from Western Kentucky and the University of Massachusetts, his father, Lindsey Harris said Friday.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Harris also has offers from Purdue, the University of South Florida, Vanderbilt and the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
Harris was one of the Terriers’ most versatile players last season. He was No. 2 in tackles with 89, just behind teammate Jordan Sherit, had two fumble recoveries and a sack, rushed the ball 33 times for 138 yards and three touchdowns and made five receptions for 60 yards.
As a punter, Harris averaged of 37.1 yards on 34 kicks and had a long of 57.