Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Hillsborough’s Harris lands two more D1 offers
Posted Mar 9, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Mar 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Hillsborough junior linebacker, running back and punter Nigel Harris raised his offers from Division I programs to six this week with pitches from Western Kentucky and the University of Massachusetts, his father, Lindsey Harris said Friday.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Harris also has offers from Purdue, the University of South Florida, Vanderbilt and the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
Harris was one of the Terriers’ most versatile players last season. He was No. 2 in tackles with 89, just behind teammate Jordan Sherit, had two fumble recoveries and a sack, rushed the ball 33 times for 138 yards and three touchdowns and made five receptions for 60 yards.
As a punter, Harris averaged of 37.1 yards on 34 kicks and had a long of 57.