Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Hillsborough’s Green wins national triple jump title
Posted Jun 15, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 15, 2012 at 07:55 PM
Hillsborough rising senior Jeremiah Green captured the county’s first national high school track championship in three years when he won the boys triple jump at Friday’s New Balance Outdoor Nationals in Greensboro, N.C. with a lifetime best mark of 50 feet, 10.25 inches.
Green not only produced his best jump ever, he also had his best series with three jumps beyond the 50-foot mark in the finals of the meet staged at North Carolina A&T. Besides his winner, he had marks of 50-6 and 50-8.25. His winning jump ranks Green No. 3 in the nation this season. He is the county’s first national track titlist since ex-Chamberlain star Dentarius Locke won the 100 and 200 at the 2009 meet.
“I surprised myself a lot,” said Green, who won last month’s Class 3A state title in the triple jump. “But I’ve been doing a lot of training and put in a lot of work in the weight room and it’s paid off.’‘
Friday’s victory also earns Green all-American status. The top eight place winners in each event earn that distinction. Green will try to equal Locke’s double-gold performance Saturday when he competes in the long jump. His PR there is 23-9 but Green believes he has a 24-foot jump in him for this meet.