Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Hillsborough’s Green lands first offer
Posted May 7, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 7, 2012 at 07:58 PM
Fresh off his state championship in the triple jump at Friday’s Class 3A track and field meet, Hillsborough’s Jeremiah Green landed his first college football scholarship Monday when South Alabama made a pitch for the Terriers’ starting defensive back, coach Earl Garcia said.
Garcia also announced that his star defensive end, Jordan Sherit, received yet another Division I offer, this one from Cal-Berkeley. Sherit already has one from the Golden Bears’ local rival, Stanford, along with nearly two dozen other D-I schools like Florida.
Some other significant D-I offers that came in for county players over the weekend: Plant coach Robert Weiner announced offensive lineman Richy Klepal added the University of Southern California to his growing list and safety Paris Bostick picked up West Virginia.