Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Hillsborough’s Green lands first offer
Posted May 7, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 7, 2012 at 07:58 PM
Fresh off his state championship in the triple jump at Friday’s Class 3A track and field meet, Hillsborough’s Jeremiah Green landed his first college football scholarship Monday when South Alabama made a pitch for the Terriers’ starting defensive back, coach Earl Garcia said.
Garcia also announced that his star defensive end, Jordan Sherit, received yet another Division I offer, this one from Cal-Berkeley. Sherit already has one from the Golden Bears’ local rival, Stanford, along with nearly two dozen other D-I schools like Florida.
Some other significant D-I offers that came in for county players over the weekend: Plant coach Robert Weiner announced offensive lineman Richy Klepal added the University of Southern California to his growing list and safety Paris Bostick picked up West Virginia.