Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Hillsborough’s Green lands first offer
Posted May 7, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 7, 2012 at 07:58 PM
Fresh off his state championship in the triple jump at Friday’s Class 3A track and field meet, Hillsborough’s Jeremiah Green landed his first college football scholarship Monday when South Alabama made a pitch for the Terriers’ starting defensive back, coach Earl Garcia said.
Garcia also announced that his star defensive end, Jordan Sherit, received yet another Division I offer, this one from Cal-Berkeley. Sherit already has one from the Golden Bears’ local rival, Stanford, along with nearly two dozen other D-I schools like Florida.
Some other significant D-I offers that came in for county players over the weekend: Plant coach Robert Weiner announced offensive lineman Richy Klepal added the University of Southern California to his growing list and safety Paris Bostick picked up West Virginia.