Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Hillsborough’s Green lands first offer
Posted May 7, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 7, 2012 at 07:58 PM
Fresh off his state championship in the triple jump at Friday’s Class 3A track and field meet, Hillsborough’s Jeremiah Green landed his first college football scholarship Monday when South Alabama made a pitch for the Terriers’ starting defensive back, coach Earl Garcia said.
Garcia also announced that his star defensive end, Jordan Sherit, received yet another Division I offer, this one from Cal-Berkeley. Sherit already has one from the Golden Bears’ local rival, Stanford, along with nearly two dozen other D-I schools like Florida.
Some other significant D-I offers that came in for county players over the weekend: Plant coach Robert Weiner announced offensive lineman Richy Klepal added the University of Southern California to his growing list and safety Paris Bostick picked up West Virginia.