Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Hillsborough County hosting coaches clinic
Posted Jun 7, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM
The Hillsborough County athletics department and Hillsborough High will host a football coaches clinic Saturday morning at the Terriers’ field house on Orborne Ave. in central Tampa.
The clinic is aimed primarily to aid the county’s newest head football coaches but veteran Hillsborough coach Earl Garcia all coaches, including assistants, are invited to attend the event.
Garcia said other presenters besides himself include county athletic director Lanness Robinson and Newsome coach Ken Hiscock, who is entering his seventh season heading the Wolves’ football program. Subjects to be covered include everything from county and state policies to team management and discipline, Garcia said.
‘‘We’re just trying to give the news guys a heads-up on what to expect before the season starts this fall,’’ Garcia said. ‘‘Once the season starts, there’s not much time for it and their athletic director is being pulled in 27 directions.’‘
The clinic will be held Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until noon in the conference room of the Terriers’ field house.