Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Henriquez steps down at Tampa Catholic
Posted Dec 10, 2012 by Scott Purks
Updated Dec 10, 2012 at 04:47 PM
After serving 17 years as Tampa Catholic’s head football coach, Bob Henriquez is stepping down to devote his time to his new position as Hillsborough County Property Appraiser, the school announced Monday.
Henriquez served two stints as TC’s coach, compiling a 128-71 record that included 13 playoff appearances, seven district titles and two appearances in state finals.
“While we are sad to lose him as coach at Tampa Catholic we are pround that Bob is now serving the citizens of Hillsborough County as our Property Appraiser,” Tampa Catholic principal Tom Reidy said in a press release. “He is an outstanding example of how Tampa Catholic alumni are involved in their communities throughout the world, living the ideals and traditions of Faith, Excellence and Family.”
Henriquez, a TC and Princeton University alum, served in the Florida House of Representatives from 1998-2006.