Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Haynesworth, Price to miss Panthers game for Bucs
Posted Dec 24, 2011 by Roy Cummings
Updated Dec 24, 2011 at 12:43 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
CHARLOTTE – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may have a harder time than usual stopping Carolina Panthers running backs DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart today.
The Bucs, who have are already missing defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, will also be without Albert Haynesworth and Brian Price, who will miss the game with kneem and ankle injuries, respectively.
The Bucs also scratched quarterback Rudy Carpenter, safety Larry Asante, defensive end Daniel Te’O-Hesheim and tackles Derek Hardman and James Lee.
The absence of Haynesworth and Price could prove devastating for the Bucs, a team that has lost eight straight and ranks 30th in the NFL in rush defense, allowing an average of 141 yards per game.
The Panthers, who also have a running threat in quarterback Cam Newton, have averaged 171 yards per game on the ground while compiling a 3-1 record in their last four games.
With Haynesworth and Price out the Bucs will work Frank Okam and Roy Miller at the defensive tackle spot. Meanwhile, E.J. Biggers will start at cornerback for Aqib Talib, who was placed on injured reserve earlier in the week.