Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Hak-Ju Lee among 18 non-roster invitees to Rays big league camp
Posted Feb 14, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 14, 2012 at 07:47 PM
Shortstop Hak-Ju Lee is among the 18 non-roster players invited to the Rays big league spring training camo. The highly-touted prospect will join Tim Beckham in Port Charlotte, providing Rays fans with a glimpse of what is likely the future of the shortstop position.
The rest of the invites are right-handed pitchers Bryan Augenstein, Marquis Fleming, Jhonny Nunez, Ricky Orta, Ryan Reid, Romulo Sanchez and Matt Torra.
Catchers Craig Albernaz, Nevin Ashley and Mark Thomas.
Infielders Tim Beckham, Hak-Ju Lee, Matt Mangini, Juan Miranda and Will Rhymes.
Outfielders Brad Coon, Jesus Feliciano and Jeff Salzar.
Pitchers and catchers report Monday and begin workouts Tuesday.