Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
(Updated) Gulf QB Keshaun Peters dismissed from team; Chris Klyap will start Friday vs. Nature Coast
Posted Aug 31, 2011 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Sep 1, 2011 at 09:10 AM
Gulf coach Tom Carter confirmed to the Tampa Tribune on Wednesday evening that freshman starting quarterback Keshaun Peters has been dismissed from the football team due to violations of team rules just days before the Buccaneers home opener against Brooksville Nature Coast on Friday.
“Keshaun is no longer a member of the Gulf football team due to behavior detrimental to the team,” the first-year head coach said.
The dismissal comes in wake of the Buccaneers loss of their preseason classic to River Ridge 26-3 on Friday night. The departure of Peters makes way for the second new starting quarterback this week for the Buccaneers. Peters had been named the starter earlier in the week, beating out sophomore Chris Kylap and senior Ty’Shon Peters, who is Keshaun’s older brother, though Carter told the Tribune that Klyap will start Friday.
Last season, Gulf went 6-4 with interm voach Ken Hollar, who had replaced Jay Fulmer amid recruiting controversies and during the offseason, the Buccaneers hired Carter, who had been a long-time assistant with the Land O’ Lakes football program.