Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Gulf hires boys hoops, cheerleading coaches
Posted Aug 3, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Aug 3, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Gulf athletic director Travis DeWalt announced Friday afternoon the hiring of Travis Priddy for the school’s boys basketball coach and Jeffrey Graham as the cheerleading coach.
Priddy previously coached Freedom for two seasons (2009-2011), leading the Patriots to a combined 22-24 record and also led a Georgia team to two state-playoff appearances. Priddy also spent time as an assistant coach at the collegiate level at Armstrong Atlantic State University, Hastings College, West Virginia State University and Marshall University.
Priddy takes over a Buccaneers team that was 10-14 last season and now has had its third head coach in as many seasons after Jeff Shank was abruptly let go in May after the Pasco County School Board said he exchanged inappropriate texts with a student.
Graham also brings a wealth of experience to Gulf, as he was a National Cheerleading Association instructor and served as a cheer clinician for cheerleading camps throughout the country.