Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Gulf hires boys hoops, cheerleading coaches
Posted Aug 3, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Aug 3, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Gulf athletic director Travis DeWalt announced Friday afternoon the hiring of Travis Priddy for the school’s boys basketball coach and Jeffrey Graham as the cheerleading coach.
Priddy previously coached Freedom for two seasons (2009-2011), leading the Patriots to a combined 22-24 record and also led a Georgia team to two state-playoff appearances. Priddy also spent time as an assistant coach at the collegiate level at Armstrong Atlantic State University, Hastings College, West Virginia State University and Marshall University.
Priddy takes over a Buccaneers team that was 10-14 last season and now has had its third head coach in as many seasons after Jeff Shank was abruptly let go in May after the Pasco County School Board said he exchanged inappropriate texts with a student.
Graham also brings a wealth of experience to Gulf, as he was a National Cheerleading Association instructor and served as a cheer clinician for cheerleading camps throughout the country.