Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Gulf hires boys hoops, cheerleading coaches
Posted Aug 3, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Aug 3, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Gulf athletic director Travis DeWalt announced Friday afternoon the hiring of Travis Priddy for the school’s boys basketball coach and Jeffrey Graham as the cheerleading coach.
Priddy previously coached Freedom for two seasons (2009-2011), leading the Patriots to a combined 22-24 record and also led a Georgia team to two state-playoff appearances. Priddy also spent time as an assistant coach at the collegiate level at Armstrong Atlantic State University, Hastings College, West Virginia State University and Marshall University.
Priddy takes over a Buccaneers team that was 10-14 last season and now has had its third head coach in as many seasons after Jeff Shank was abruptly let go in May after the Pasco County School Board said he exchanged inappropriate texts with a student.
Graham also brings a wealth of experience to Gulf, as he was a National Cheerleading Association instructor and served as a cheer clinician for cheerleading camps throughout the country.