Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Gulf girls basketball coach Quarto resigns
Posted Apr 29, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Apr 29, 2012 at 07:30 PM
Mike Quarto resigned as girls basketball coach to pursue an administrative role, Quarto said Sunday afternoon.
“I’ve been doing this for nine years, and its just time for me to move on,” Quarto said. “I’m definitely going to miss the kids and the games. It’s been a great run. To be a good girls basketball coach these days, you have to be all in.”
Quarto made the announcement to his team early this morning at the team’s banquet. He led the Buccaneers to an impressive 28-3 record this past season, and has led Gulf seven times to the postseason since 2003. The veteran coach put together a 208-54 record to go along with five district championships and conference titles. The big question now is who will be take over the seemingly dominant program.
Quarto did state, though, that he will still stay aboard Gulf’s football varsity staff as an assistant to Buccaneers’ coach Tom Carter. Quarto was the Buccaneers’ defensive coordinator last season.