Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Gulf baseball coach Robert Miles resigns
Posted Feb 22, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Feb 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM
After just three games into his second season at Gulf, Buccaneers coach Robert Miles has resigned from his post and the coaching vacancy has been posted on the school district Web site.
Gulf athletic director Travis DeWalt confirmed the move Friday morning.
Miles, who took over the team before the start of the 2012 season, was promoted within his job outside the school, as he was just an adjunct baseball coach. The promotion requires him to move to Dallas relatively soon.
“The program is heading in the right direction,” Miles said. “It’s bittersweet departure, and I didn’t want to leave until end of season, but they need me there a lot sooner. I put everything I had into this program, and they’re still a very young team. Hopefully whoever takes over will be able to continue on with what we put in place.”
Gulf is off to a 1-2 start this season, including a 10-0 win over Hudson last week. The Buccaneers snapped a 30-game losing streak last March with a 3-1 win over Anclote.
Gulf was just 1-23 last season, but was looking for big things from senior Marshall Stitt, who is batting .571 through seven plate appearances.