Most Recent Entries
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Gregory promoted to TC head football coach
Posted Dec 19, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Dec 19, 2012 at 03:02 PM
Mike Gregory, Tampa Catholic’s offensive coordinator the past three seasons, has been promoted to head football coach by Crusaders principal Tom Reidy, Gregory told the Tampa Tribune on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old Gregory replaces Bob Henriquez, who recently stepped down after winning the election for Hillsborough County Property Appraiser. Henriquez served two stints as TC’s coach, compiling a record of 128-71, reaching the playoff 13 times and making the state title game twice.
Last season, the Crusaders went 8-4 and finished as district runners-up to Clearwater Catholic. Gregory says he looks forward to working with a strong group of returning players and coaches for the 2013 campaign.
‘‘I’m absolutely thrilled and honored to have this opportunity,’’ Gregory said. ‘‘Between all the experienced coaches we already have on staff and the athletes we have returning, we have the makings of a great football team.
‘‘I’m very appreciative to Bob (Henriquez) for what he has taught me over the years and I’m ready for the challenges that a head coach faces every day.’‘
A graduate of River Ridge High in New Port Richey, Gregory coached three seasons as an assistant at University High in Orlando. Gregory also comes from a family with a strong tradition in coaching, with his father a retired high school coach and an uncle still coaching at the college level.
‘‘It (coaching) is in my blood and something I’ve always wanted to do,’’ Gregory said. ‘‘I can’t wait to get started.’‘
Gregory is a member of the TC faculty, teaching three courses in history and also working as the school’s technical coordinator. His staff is expected to continue to include former Jefferson head coach Mike Fenton and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers star and ex-TC head coach David Lewis.