- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Grant Gregory transfers to EKU
Posted Feb 27, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Feb 27, 2009 at 03:16 PM
Former USF QB Grant Gregory said he will transfer to Eastern Kentucky.
USF’s back-up behind Matt Grothe, Gregory was awarded a sixth year of eligibility and will play for the I-AA Colonels, who have won the past two Ohio Valley league titles.
Gregory said he also considered Towson.
Gregory, who said EKU graduated its starting quarterback, should emerge as the starter. EKU has a couple of younger quarterbacks who probably need another year of seasoning, EKU’s coaches told Gregory.
“They made it very clear they wanted me very badly,” Gregory said. “It’s pretty important to be wanted. I was recruited a lot heavier than I was out of high school.”
Ironically, Gregory’s first game will be against Indiana, who Gregory signed with out of high school.
“They’ll probably see the scouting report and say ‘how the hell is Grant Gregory still in college,’ ” Gregory said. “It’s cool to go back up there and play against them.”