Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Grajales Drops Opening Match, Engel Wins
Posted Jun 13, 2008 by Adam Adkins
Updated Jun 13, 2008 at 02:00 PM
Brandon High wrestling standout Eric Grajales lost his opening match Friday in the 60 kilogram Greco-Roman division at the United States Olympic Trials in Las Vegas.
Grajales fell 4-2, 5-0 to Jeremiah Davis, who placed fifth at 60 kilograms at the U.S. Senior Nationals. While Grajales still can finish as high as third place at the Trials, he can’t win the weight class, meaning he can’t secure a spot on the U.S. Olympic Team for the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing. The winner of each weight class at the Trials earns a spot on the U.S. Olympic Team.
Meanwhile, former Pasco High standout Nate Engel posted a victory in his first match in the 55 kilogram Greco-Roman division to advance to the quarterfinals.
Engel defeated Miguel Pena 5-0, 1-1. Engel will face Spenser Mango, the 55 kilogram champion at the U.S. Senior Nationals, in the quarterfinals.
Stay with TBO.com for more updates throughout the day on Grajales and Engel at the Trials.