Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Grajales Drops Opening Match, Engel Wins
Posted Jun 13, 2008 by Adam Adkins
Updated Jun 13, 2008 at 02:00 PM
Brandon High wrestling standout Eric Grajales lost his opening match Friday in the 60 kilogram Greco-Roman division at the United States Olympic Trials in Las Vegas.
Grajales fell 4-2, 5-0 to Jeremiah Davis, who placed fifth at 60 kilograms at the U.S. Senior Nationals. While Grajales still can finish as high as third place at the Trials, he can’t win the weight class, meaning he can’t secure a spot on the U.S. Olympic Team for the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing. The winner of each weight class at the Trials earns a spot on the U.S. Olympic Team.
Meanwhile, former Pasco High standout Nate Engel posted a victory in his first match in the 55 kilogram Greco-Roman division to advance to the quarterfinals.
Engel defeated Miguel Pena 5-0, 1-1. Engel will face Spenser Mango, the 55 kilogram champion at the U.S. Senior Nationals, in the quarterfinals.
Stay with TBO.com for more updates throughout the day on Grajales and Engel at the Trials.