Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Gonzalez lifts Chamberlain to title game
Posted May 11, 2012 by Tribune staff
Updated May 11, 2012 at 05:06 PM
CLERMONT—Madison Gonzalez hit a game-tying grand slam in the fifth inning Friday afternoon and then added a three-run shot during a five-run sixth as the Chamberlain High softball team defeated Cooper City, 13-8, to advance to the Class 7A state championship game.
Chamberlain will play Saturday at 7 p.m. against the winner of the Bartow-Tallahassee Chiles game.
Chamberlain trailed, 8-4, in the bottom of the fifth inning before Gonzalez’s grand slam.