Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Glover joins Tigers’ bullpen
Posted Aug 17, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM
DALLAS—I obviously missed Gary Glover signing a minor-league deal with the Tigers a week or so ago, but he’s back in the majors.
Detroit summoned Glover from Toledo today to replace Todd Jones on the roster after the former closer went back on the disabled list with a sore shoulder.
So, if you’re scoring at home, the Tigers (60-63) now have both Glover and Casey Fossum in their bullpen. Who’d have thunk it when the season began?