Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Glover joins Tigers’ bullpen
Posted Aug 17, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM
DALLAS—I obviously missed Gary Glover signing a minor-league deal with the Tigers a week or so ago, but he’s back in the majors.
Detroit summoned Glover from Toledo today to replace Todd Jones on the roster after the former closer went back on the disabled list with a sore shoulder.
So, if you’re scoring at home, the Tigers (60-63) now have both Glover and Casey Fossum in their bullpen. Who’d have thunk it when the season began?