- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Georgia LB coach Jancek latest to get offer
Posted Mar 1, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Mar 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM
John Jancek, who has been linebackers coach at Georgia since 2005, is the latest to have been offered the defensive coordinator position at the University of South Florida.
Jancek, 40, originally was being considered as a co-defensive coordinator at USF with Colorado secondary coach Greg Brown, but Brown turned down the offer to be co-coordinator Sunday and is staying at Colorado.
With Brown out of the mix, Jancek was offered the defensive coordinator position by USF coach Jim Leavitt Sunday.
Before coming to Georgia, Jancek was defensive coordinator at Central Michigan in 2004. In 2003, he was defensive line coach at Central Michigan and from 1999-2002, he was defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Division II Grand Valley State, his alma mater. GVSU won the 2002 D-II national championship.
He also was defensive coordinator at Hillsdale College from 1996-98 and was defensive tackles coach at UCF in 1996.
Jancek is the fourth individual that has been offered either the coordinator or co-coordinator job by Leavitt, joining Brown, Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch and Nebraska linebackers coach Mike Ekeler.