- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Georgia LB coach Jancek latest to get offer
Posted Mar 1, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Mar 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM
John Jancek, who has been linebackers coach at Georgia since 2005, is the latest to have been offered the defensive coordinator position at the University of South Florida.
Jancek, 40, originally was being considered as a co-defensive coordinator at USF with Colorado secondary coach Greg Brown, but Brown turned down the offer to be co-coordinator Sunday and is staying at Colorado.
With Brown out of the mix, Jancek was offered the defensive coordinator position by USF coach Jim Leavitt Sunday.
Before coming to Georgia, Jancek was defensive coordinator at Central Michigan in 2004. In 2003, he was defensive line coach at Central Michigan and from 1999-2002, he was defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Division II Grand Valley State, his alma mater. GVSU won the 2002 D-II national championship.
He also was defensive coordinator at Hillsdale College from 1996-98 and was defensive tackles coach at UCF in 1996.
Jancek is the fourth individual that has been offered either the coordinator or co-coordinator job by Leavitt, joining Brown, Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch and Nebraska linebackers coach Mike Ekeler.