- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Georgia LB coach Jancek latest to get offer
Posted Mar 1, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Mar 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM
John Jancek, who has been linebackers coach at Georgia since 2005, is the latest to have been offered the defensive coordinator position at the University of South Florida.
Jancek, 40, originally was being considered as a co-defensive coordinator at USF with Colorado secondary coach Greg Brown, but Brown turned down the offer to be co-coordinator Sunday and is staying at Colorado.
With Brown out of the mix, Jancek was offered the defensive coordinator position by USF coach Jim Leavitt Sunday.
Before coming to Georgia, Jancek was defensive coordinator at Central Michigan in 2004. In 2003, he was defensive line coach at Central Michigan and from 1999-2002, he was defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Division II Grand Valley State, his alma mater. GVSU won the 2002 D-II national championship.
He also was defensive coordinator at Hillsdale College from 1996-98 and was defensive tackles coach at UCF in 1996.
Jancek is the fourth individual that has been offered either the coordinator or co-coordinator job by Leavitt, joining Brown, Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch and Nebraska linebackers coach Mike Ekeler.