Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Gavin DeGraw and Coco Jones join Trop’s concert series
Posted Jul 4, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Gavin DeGraw and teen sensation Coco Jones have been added to the acts performing at Tropicana Field this summer as part of the Rays 2012 Summer Concert Series. Gavin DeGraw is scheduled to perform at the conclusion of the Rays-Mariners game on Saturday, July 21 at 7:10 p.m. Coco Jones will perform on Sunday, September 9 after the Rays-Rangers 1:40 p.m. game as part of Family Fun Day presented by Tampa Bay Times.
The concerts are free with the purchase of that date’s game ticket. In addition to their game tickets, fans can watch various acts from the field by purchasing field access passes available at raysbaseball.com/concerts.
Gavin DeGraw – July 21, Rays vs. Seattle Mariners, 7:10 p.m.
Gavin DeGraw first broke through with the 2003 release of his debut album, Chariot, which sold over a million copies, earned platinum certification and yielded three hit singles: “I Don’t Want To Be,” “Follow Through,” and the title-track, “Chariot.” Gavin’s self-titled second album debuted at No. 1 on the digital sales chart and at No. 7 on Billboard’s Top 200 album chart in 2008, earning him first Top 10 album. It spawned the hit singles “In Love With A Girl,” which Billboard dubbed “a rocking homerun,” and the gold-certified “We Belong Together.” In 2009, Gavin released Free as a gift to his die-hard fans clamoring for recorded versions of Gavin’s live favorites. DeGraw released his third studio album, Sweeter in September of 2011. The album’s first single, “Not Over You,” co-written with OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder, reached No. 1 on the Hot AC charts, was a top 10 hit on Top 40 and was recently certified double platinum. The album’s second single, the title track “Sweeter,” continues to climb the sales and radio charts and was most recently featured as the spotlight track in HBO’s summer television air spot.
Coco Jones – September 9, Rays vs. Texas Rangers, 1:40 p.m.
At 14, teen sensation Coco Jones already has a career comparable to some Hollywood veterans. The actress, singer and star of Disney Channel’s Original Movie: Let It Shine, has also appeared on hit shows So Random! And Radio Disney’s Next Big Thing. Her latest album, Let It Shine, is currently the 17th most downloaded iTunes album and is regularly played nationwide on Radio Disney. In 2011, she collaborated with fellow Disney standout Adam Hicks for the soundtrack to Shake It Up 2: Live to Dance. Coco is the daughter of former NFL defensive end Mike Jones.
Other acts scheduled to perform this summer are: Train (July 13 vs. BOS); The Wiggles (August 5 vs. BAL); and O.A.R. (August 24 vs. OAK).