Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
Posted May 23, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated May 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Topps announced its third redemption for its 2013 Bowman baseball product Thursday, and card No. 3 will be Baltimore Orioles rookie pitcher Kevin Gausman.
Gausman, 22, will make his Big League debut today when the Orioles face the Blue Jays. The 6-foot-3, 195-pounder from Colorado starred at LSU.He was 2-4 at the Orioles’ Double-A affiliate in Bowie, Md. In eight starts, he has struck out 49 batters while allowing just five walks. His ERA is 3.11
The card will have an on-card signature.
Redemption No. 1 was an autograph rookie card of Dodgers pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu, while No. 2 was Texas Rangers rookie shortstop Jurickson Profar. There will be two more redemptions announced by Topps.