Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
Posted May 23, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated May 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Topps announced its third redemption for its 2013 Bowman baseball product Thursday, and card No. 3 will be Baltimore Orioles rookie pitcher Kevin Gausman.
Gausman, 22, will make his Big League debut today when the Orioles face the Blue Jays. The 6-foot-3, 195-pounder from Colorado starred at LSU.He was 2-4 at the Orioles’ Double-A affiliate in Bowie, Md. In eight starts, he has struck out 49 batters while allowing just five walks. His ERA is 3.11
The card will have an on-card signature.
Redemption No. 1 was an autograph rookie card of Dodgers pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu, while No. 2 was Texas Rangers rookie shortstop Jurickson Profar. There will be two more redemptions announced by Topps.