Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Garcia returns to practice
Posted Nov 30, 2007 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 30, 2007 at 02:41 PM
TAMPA - Guess who was back at practice Friday at One Buc Place?
That’s right, for the first time since he hurt his back in the game against Washington last week, Bucs quarterback Jeff Garcia was back working out.
The media was whisked away from the practice field before the good stuff started, but we were allowed to watch the warm-up and stretching period and Garcia particpated fully in that. Two days after he said his back was too sore to bend over or even attempt to throw a ball he was bending over back and forth and sideways and jogging with the rest of the team.
I did not see him throw a ball (Like I said, we were whisked away before the good stuff started), but this was a sign that Garcia is indeed making some progress and feeling better and may actually play Sunday at New Orleans.
The Bucs have been giving Luke McCown the majority of the snaps in practice this week and he will likely start should Garcia be unable to go. However, if Garcia can practice he can probalby play, so it’s starting to look like he’ll be ready to go come Sunday. Unless, of course, he suffers a set back.