Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Garcia returns to practice
Posted Nov 30, 2007 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 30, 2007 at 02:41 PM
TAMPA - Guess who was back at practice Friday at One Buc Place?
That’s right, for the first time since he hurt his back in the game against Washington last week, Bucs quarterback Jeff Garcia was back working out.
The media was whisked away from the practice field before the good stuff started, but we were allowed to watch the warm-up and stretching period and Garcia particpated fully in that. Two days after he said his back was too sore to bend over or even attempt to throw a ball he was bending over back and forth and sideways and jogging with the rest of the team.
I did not see him throw a ball (Like I said, we were whisked away before the good stuff started), but this was a sign that Garcia is indeed making some progress and feeling better and may actually play Sunday at New Orleans.
The Bucs have been giving Luke McCown the majority of the snaps in practice this week and he will likely start should Garcia be unable to go. However, if Garcia can practice he can probalby play, so it’s starting to look like he’ll be ready to go come Sunday. Unless, of course, he suffers a set back.