Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Garcia Not Participating In Buccaneers Practice
Posted Dec 12, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Dec 12, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jeff Garcia is currently at practice, but not participating.
Friday’s practices are typically light, but Garcia did not participate in any of the stretching or warm-up drills for the portion of practice we were allowed to watch.
One thing we know about Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden is he’s not high on playing guys who don’t practice much during the week. Now it could be a smoke screen, but at this point it seems a realistic possibility that backup QB Luke McCown could start on Sunday against Atlanta.
Garica will likely be a game-time decision, but we’ll let you know more about his status after practice.
In addition, DT Jovan Haye was participating in practice, but DT Chris Hovan was not. Both have knee injuries, but Haye appears close to playing again this Sunday.