Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Garcia Not Participating In Buccaneers Practice
Posted Dec 12, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Dec 12, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jeff Garcia is currently at practice, but not participating.
Friday’s practices are typically light, but Garcia did not participate in any of the stretching or warm-up drills for the portion of practice we were allowed to watch.
One thing we know about Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden is he’s not high on playing guys who don’t practice much during the week. Now it could be a smoke screen, but at this point it seems a realistic possibility that backup QB Luke McCown could start on Sunday against Atlanta.
Garica will likely be a game-time decision, but we’ll let you know more about his status after practice.
In addition, DT Jovan Haye was participating in practice, but DT Chris Hovan was not. Both have knee injuries, but Haye appears close to playing again this Sunday.