Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Garcia Not At Practice Either
Posted Sep 10, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 10, 2008 at 01:08 PM
TAMPA - Well, Jeff Garcia apparently isn’t available for practice either.
The Bucs just took the field for their Wednesday workout and Garcia was not among those participating in calisthenics or individual drills.
It’s really looking like Brian Griese will be the starter Sunday against the Falcons, but we’re still not sure if it’s because Garcia is nursing a sore ankle or because he struggled against the Saints.
It could be a little bit of both, but consider this. Griese spent more time working with the first-team offense in training camp and preseason than Garcia did. Coach Jon Gruden probably felt as though he owed it to Garcia to give him the start against the Saints, but with Garcia struggling, hurt and the Bucs suddenly in a position to fall to 0-2 in the division, he’s turning to the quarterback who has worked the most with his No. 1 offense.
Garcia wasn’t the only injured Bucs not on the practice field. Derrick Brooks didn’t appear to be out there either, but as we said earlier, we get the feeling Brooks will play. If not, he seem awfully happy about not playing.
WR Maurice Stovall was participating in practice. He has a neck strain but it doesn’t appear serious. If he plays one of the other receivers may not because Michael Clayton, who sat against New Orleans, is talking like he knows he will play this week.
We’ll bring you more on the injury updates as information becomes available.