Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Garcia Not At Practice Either
Posted Sep 10, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 10, 2008 at 01:08 PM
TAMPA - Well, Jeff Garcia apparently isn’t available for practice either.
The Bucs just took the field for their Wednesday workout and Garcia was not among those participating in calisthenics or individual drills.
It’s really looking like Brian Griese will be the starter Sunday against the Falcons, but we’re still not sure if it’s because Garcia is nursing a sore ankle or because he struggled against the Saints.
It could be a little bit of both, but consider this. Griese spent more time working with the first-team offense in training camp and preseason than Garcia did. Coach Jon Gruden probably felt as though he owed it to Garcia to give him the start against the Saints, but with Garcia struggling, hurt and the Bucs suddenly in a position to fall to 0-2 in the division, he’s turning to the quarterback who has worked the most with his No. 1 offense.
Garcia wasn’t the only injured Bucs not on the practice field. Derrick Brooks didn’t appear to be out there either, but as we said earlier, we get the feeling Brooks will play. If not, he seem awfully happy about not playing.
WR Maurice Stovall was participating in practice. He has a neck strain but it doesn’t appear serious. If he plays one of the other receivers may not because Michael Clayton, who sat against New Orleans, is talking like he knows he will play this week.
We’ll bring you more on the injury updates as information becomes available.