Most Recent Entries
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Rays @ Jays: Cobb looking for 5th win
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Garcia Not At Practice Either
Posted Sep 10, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 10, 2008 at 01:08 PM
TAMPA - Well, Jeff Garcia apparently isn’t available for practice either.
The Bucs just took the field for their Wednesday workout and Garcia was not among those participating in calisthenics or individual drills.
It’s really looking like Brian Griese will be the starter Sunday against the Falcons, but we’re still not sure if it’s because Garcia is nursing a sore ankle or because he struggled against the Saints.
It could be a little bit of both, but consider this. Griese spent more time working with the first-team offense in training camp and preseason than Garcia did. Coach Jon Gruden probably felt as though he owed it to Garcia to give him the start against the Saints, but with Garcia struggling, hurt and the Bucs suddenly in a position to fall to 0-2 in the division, he’s turning to the quarterback who has worked the most with his No. 1 offense.
Garcia wasn’t the only injured Bucs not on the practice field. Derrick Brooks didn’t appear to be out there either, but as we said earlier, we get the feeling Brooks will play. If not, he seem awfully happy about not playing.
WR Maurice Stovall was participating in practice. He has a neck strain but it doesn’t appear serious. If he plays one of the other receivers may not because Michael Clayton, who sat against New Orleans, is talking like he knows he will play this week.
We’ll bring you more on the injury updates as information becomes available.