Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Game 1 lineup: No DJ
Posted Jun 24, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM
PHILADELPHIA The Rays are preparing for a long day at Citizens Bank Park with a day/night doubleheader.
David Price faces Cole Hamels in the first game.
The Rays have yet to announce the Game 2 starter, though it’s likely to be Cesar Ramos if Ramos isn’t needed in Game 1. LHP Alex Torres is here from Durham as the Rays take advantage of the rule that allows them to add one extra player for a doubleheader that’s scheduled more than one day after the original game is rained out.
Joe Maddon said Saturday that Torres is not the Game 2 starter.
Desmond Jennings, who is batting under .200 since his return from the DL, is not in the Game 1 lineup.
Here is that lineup …