Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Game 1 lineup: No DJ
Posted Jun 24, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM
PHILADELPHIA The Rays are preparing for a long day at Citizens Bank Park with a day/night doubleheader.
David Price faces Cole Hamels in the first game.
The Rays have yet to announce the Game 2 starter, though it’s likely to be Cesar Ramos if Ramos isn’t needed in Game 1. LHP Alex Torres is here from Durham as the Rays take advantage of the rule that allows them to add one extra player for a doubleheader that’s scheduled more than one day after the original game is rained out.
Joe Maddon said Saturday that Torres is not the Game 2 starter.
Desmond Jennings, who is batting under .200 since his return from the DL, is not in the Game 1 lineup.
Here is that lineup …