Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Game 1 lineup: No DJ
Posted Jun 24, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM
PHILADELPHIA The Rays are preparing for a long day at Citizens Bank Park with a day/night doubleheader.
David Price faces Cole Hamels in the first game.
The Rays have yet to announce the Game 2 starter, though it’s likely to be Cesar Ramos if Ramos isn’t needed in Game 1. LHP Alex Torres is here from Durham as the Rays take advantage of the rule that allows them to add one extra player for a doubleheader that’s scheduled more than one day after the original game is rained out.
Joe Maddon said Saturday that Torres is not the Game 2 starter.
Desmond Jennings, who is batting under .200 since his return from the DL, is not in the Game 1 lineup.
Here is that lineup …