Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Gaither’s Suttles commits to Iowa State
Posted Oct 10, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Oct 10, 2012 at 02:09 PM
Gaither senior defensive lineman Ernest Suttles, who currently has a team-high seven sacks and is tied for the team lead in tackles at 45 tackles, has made a verbal commitment to the Iowa State Cyclones, Cowboys coach Jason Stokes said Tuesday.
Besides Iowa State, the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Suttles had a scholarship offer from the Big 10’s Indiana, as well as offers from Ball State, Bethune-Cookman University, the University of Massachusetts, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Ohio and Western Michigan.
‘‘I would have preferred for him to visit a few more schools before making a decision but Iowa State is a great program and Ernest has really got his mind set on playing for them,’’ Stokes said. ‘‘He’ll do well up there for Iowa State. He’s got the ability to do great things.’‘
Last season as a junior, Suttles had 80 tackles and five sacks, as well as one fumble recovery.