Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Gaither’s Suttles commits to Iowa State
Posted Oct 10, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Oct 10, 2012 at 02:09 PM
Gaither senior defensive lineman Ernest Suttles, who currently has a team-high seven sacks and is tied for the team lead in tackles at 45 tackles, has made a verbal commitment to the Iowa State Cyclones, Cowboys coach Jason Stokes said Tuesday.
Besides Iowa State, the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Suttles had a scholarship offer from the Big 10’s Indiana, as well as offers from Ball State, Bethune-Cookman University, the University of Massachusetts, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Ohio and Western Michigan.
‘‘I would have preferred for him to visit a few more schools before making a decision but Iowa State is a great program and Ernest has really got his mind set on playing for them,’’ Stokes said. ‘‘He’ll do well up there for Iowa State. He’s got the ability to do great things.’‘
Last season as a junior, Suttles had 80 tackles and five sacks, as well as one fumble recovery.