Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Gaither’s Mercado selected for two All-American games
Posted Aug 9, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 03:01 PM
Gaither shortstop Oscar Mercado will join King pitcher Brett Morales at both the Perfect Game All-American Classic (Sunday, Aug 12) and at the Under Armour All-American Baseball game (Saturday, Aug. 18).
Mercado, a Florida State commit, had a .370 batting average, scored 28 runs, 28 RBI and 12 stolen bases as a junior. Gaither won it’s district title over Freedom and advanced to the FHSAA Class 7A region final.
Mercado was a first team selection in the Tampa Tribune’s All-Hillsborough County team.
Mercado, one of 36 high school players selected for the Under Armour game, will play on the National team with Morales in the game from Wrigley Field in Chicago, Ill. airing on the MLB network Aug. 18 at 11:30 a.m.