Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Gaither RB Shug Oyegunle commits to Ball State
Posted Jan 16, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Jan 16, 2013 at 01:05 PM
Gaither standout running back and athlete Shug Oyegunle said via his Twitter account Wednesday morning that he has committed to Ball State.
Oyegunle, one of four Cowboy running backs who had 200-plus rushing yards, had 227 yards and a rushing touchdown, but shine offensively as a receiver with 21 catches for 468 yards and a team-high seven receiving touchdowns.
Oyegunle helped lead Gaither to a 8-3 record before losing to Newsome 52-7 in the region quarterfinals.
Ball State went 9-4 this season, including finishing off 2012 with a 38-17 loss to UCF in the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl at Tropicana Field on Dec. 21.