Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Fuld seeks second opinion on injured wrist, surgery an option
Posted Mar 27, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE Sam Fuld learned the results of his MRI this morning and the prognosis could be better.
He said the sheath around the tendon in his right wrist is stretch which allows the tendon to slip out of place.
He said he will go to see Dr. Thomas Graham at the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion.
“Hopefully in the very near future,” Fuld said.
Surgery and rehab are both options.
Fuld originally hurt the wrist last September in Baltimore.
“It’s a little different but it’s the same basic thing as last year,” Fuld said.
Fuld said both options would allow him to play this year.
“If I went the surgery route, I don’t know the time table, but I think I will be back at some point,” Fuld said.
Rehab will also allow him to play this season
He said he’s still gathering information to formulate his which course of action to take.
As for playing on Opening Day, “Probably not. I don’t want to say never but I would doubt it.”