Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Fuld seeks second opinion on injured wrist, surgery an option
Posted Mar 27, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE Sam Fuld learned the results of his MRI this morning and the prognosis could be better.
He said the sheath around the tendon in his right wrist is stretch which allows the tendon to slip out of place.
He said he will go to see Dr. Thomas Graham at the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion.
“Hopefully in the very near future,” Fuld said.
Surgery and rehab are both options.
Fuld originally hurt the wrist last September in Baltimore.
“It’s a little different but it’s the same basic thing as last year,” Fuld said.
Fuld said both options would allow him to play this year.
“If I went the surgery route, I don’t know the time table, but I think I will be back at some point,” Fuld said.
Rehab will also allow him to play this season
He said he’s still gathering information to formulate his which course of action to take.
As for playing on Opening Day, “Probably not. I don’t want to say never but I would doubt it.”