Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Fuld activated, Tuesday’s starters
Posted Jul 24, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jul 24, 2012 at 06:30 PM
BALTIMORE—Outfielder Sam Fuld (right wrist) was activited from the 60-day disabled list and was immediately inserted into Tuesday’s starting lineup vs. Baltimore at Camden Yards.
Fuld replaces RHP Brandon Gomes on the 25-man roster. Gomes was optioned back to Durham (AAA) after Sunday’s loss to Seattle. To make room for Fuld on the team’s 40-man roster, 3B Evan Longoria (particially torn left hamstring) was transferred from the 15-day to 60-day list.
Rays (49-47): Jennings cf Upton dh Zobrist 2b Keppinger 1b Joyce rf Rodriguez ss Fuld lf Lobaton c Conrad 3b Hellickson p (4-5, 3,55 ERA)
Orioles (51-45): Markakis rf Hardy ss Thome dh Jones cf Wieters c Betemit 3b Davis lf Reynolds 1b Quintanilla 2b Chin p (8-5, 3.80 ERA)