Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Fuld activated, Tuesday’s starters
Posted Jul 24, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jul 24, 2012 at 06:30 PM
BALTIMORE—Outfielder Sam Fuld (right wrist) was activited from the 60-day disabled list and was immediately inserted into Tuesday’s starting lineup vs. Baltimore at Camden Yards.
Fuld replaces RHP Brandon Gomes on the 25-man roster. Gomes was optioned back to Durham (AAA) after Sunday’s loss to Seattle. To make room for Fuld on the team’s 40-man roster, 3B Evan Longoria (particially torn left hamstring) was transferred from the 15-day to 60-day list.
Rays (49-47): Jennings cf Upton dh Zobrist 2b Keppinger 1b Joyce rf Rodriguez ss Fuld lf Lobaton c Conrad 3b Hellickson p (4-5, 3,55 ERA)
Orioles (51-45): Markakis rf Hardy ss Thome dh Jones cf Wieters c Betemit 3b Davis lf Reynolds 1b Quintanilla 2b Chin p (8-5, 3.80 ERA)