Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Fuld activated, Tuesday’s starters
Posted Jul 24, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jul 24, 2012 at 06:30 PM
BALTIMORE—Outfielder Sam Fuld (right wrist) was activited from the 60-day disabled list and was immediately inserted into Tuesday’s starting lineup vs. Baltimore at Camden Yards.
Fuld replaces RHP Brandon Gomes on the 25-man roster. Gomes was optioned back to Durham (AAA) after Sunday’s loss to Seattle. To make room for Fuld on the team’s 40-man roster, 3B Evan Longoria (particially torn left hamstring) was transferred from the 15-day to 60-day list.
Rays (49-47): Jennings cf Upton dh Zobrist 2b Keppinger 1b Joyce rf Rodriguez ss Fuld lf Lobaton c Conrad 3b Hellickson p (4-5, 3,55 ERA)
Orioles (51-45): Markakis rf Hardy ss Thome dh Jones cf Wieters c Betemit 3b Davis lf Reynolds 1b Quintanilla 2b Chin p (8-5, 3.80 ERA)