Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Fromer Minnesota QB Weber among 8 signed by Bucs
Posted Jan 2, 2013 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 2, 2013 at 03:19 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed eight players, including former University of Minnesota quarterback Adam Weber, to futures contracts.
Also signed by the Bucs were defensive back Sean Baker (Ball State), tight end Drake Dunsmore (Northwestern), linebacker Joe Holland (Purdue), defensive end Ernest Owusu (California), tackle Mike Remmers (Oregon State), defensive back James Rogers (Michigan), and defensive back Nick Saenz (Houston).
Weber, who finished his college career as the Golden Gophers’ all-time leader in career passing yards (10,917) and career touchdown passes (72), spent the 2012 season on the Bucs practice squad. He first came into the league in 2011 as an undrafted free agent with the Denver Broncos.
Dunsmore was a 2012 seventh-round draft pick (233rd overall) of the Bucs who began the season on the practice squad but was later injured. Baker, Holland, Owusu, Remmers and Saenz were also on the the Bucs practice squad when the season came to an end last week at Atlanta.