Most Recent Entries
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Rays @ Jays: Cobb looking for 5th win
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Freeman recreates king of pop
Posted Feb 5, 2013 by Roy Cummings
Updated Feb 5, 2013 at 06:08 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman has proved to be quite adept at dancing away from trouble in the pocket. It turns out he can moon dance, too.
Freeman recently dressed up as moon dance originator Michael Jackson and showed off his moon dance skills while doing a photo shoot for ESPN The Magazine’s music issue, which hits newsstands on Friday.
“It was a lot of fun,’’ said Freeman, who wore a white suit and black shirt in recreating Jackson’s “Thriller’’ album cover and a black suit, white shirt and black bow tie in recreating Jackson’s “Off the Wall’’ cover.
The magazine’s music issue also features Rays third baseman Evan Longoria and fellow MLB stars Justin Upton, Brandon Phillips, Giancarlo Stanton and Shane Victorino recreating Devo’s “Freedom of Choice’’ album cover.
A video of Freeman’s photo shoot on ESPN.com shows Freeman being made up to look like Jackson and also features him doing some of Jackson’s famous dance moves, including the moon dance.
Freeman says in the video that he was a huge Jackson fan growing up. He says the key to recreating the album covers precisely lies in getting not just the clothes right but getting the hair just right.
“You think, ‘I don’t look like (Jackson)’ because you look at yourself every day,’’ Freeman said. “But a few of the pictures came out and I was like, ‘Wow, this is crazy.’ ‘’
To watch the video and see a gallery of Freeman dressed as the king of pop, go to espn.go.com/nfl.