Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Freedom’s Romeo to play in televised golf event
Posted Jul 17, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Freedom junior Terese Romeo has been selected to represent First Tee of Tampa Bay to compete in the 2013 Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach.
Romeo will join 80 other players from the First Tee program, an organization with 188 national and international programs, playing in the field of more than 300 golfers in the three-day tournament. The event will run from September 27-29 with the opening two rounds being played on Pebble Beach Golf Links and Del Monte Golf Course on Friday and Saturday, and final round will be played on Pebble Beach on Sunday. The event will also be televised on the Golf Channel.
Romeo, who had a pair of wrist surgeries prior to her sophomore season at Freedom, captured district and region titles and finished in 11th place at the FHSAA Class 2A state final and was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough First Team selection last year.