Most Recent Entries
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
Freedom’s Romeo to play in televised golf event
Posted Jul 17, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Freedom junior Terese Romeo has been selected to represent First Tee of Tampa Bay to compete in the 2013 Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach.
Romeo will join 80 other players from the First Tee program, an organization with 188 national and international programs, playing in the field of more than 300 golfers in the three-day tournament. The event will run from September 27-29 with the opening two rounds being played on Pebble Beach Golf Links and Del Monte Golf Course on Friday and Saturday, and final round will be played on Pebble Beach on Sunday. The event will also be televised on the Golf Channel.
Romeo, who had a pair of wrist surgeries prior to her sophomore season at Freedom, captured district and region titles and finished in 11th place at the FHSAA Class 2A state final and was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough First Team selection last year.