Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Freedom’s Romeo to play in televised golf event
Posted Jul 17, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Freedom junior Terese Romeo has been selected to represent First Tee of Tampa Bay to compete in the 2013 Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach.
Romeo will join 80 other players from the First Tee program, an organization with 188 national and international programs, playing in the field of more than 300 golfers in the three-day tournament. The event will run from September 27-29 with the opening two rounds being played on Pebble Beach Golf Links and Del Monte Golf Course on Friday and Saturday, and final round will be played on Pebble Beach on Sunday. The event will also be televised on the Golf Channel.
Romeo, who had a pair of wrist surgeries prior to her sophomore season at Freedom, captured district and region titles and finished in 11th place at the FHSAA Class 2A state final and was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough First Team selection last year.