Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Freedom’s Perry commits to College of Central Florida
Posted Nov 13, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 13, 2012 at 01:25 PM
Freedom senior outside hitter Jasmyn Perry has made a verbal commitment to the College of Central Florida, her mother, Kesha Lindo announced Tuesday.
Perry finished her high school career with a Freedom record of 422 kills, an average of nearly 5 per game. In this month’s Class 7A-District 9 championship, Perry produced a match-high 25 kills in the title game against Steinbrenner.
Her mother said Perry chose CCF because it’s one of the nation’s top-ranked two-year programs in volleyball, as well as the state’s No.1 squad. Last season, the Patriots were the Mid-Florida Conference champion at 6-0 and produced a 43-9 record en route to taking seventh place in the National Junior College Athletic Association volleyball tournament.
The Patriots (33-6) repeated as Mid-Florida Conference champs this season and are headed back to the NJCAA tournament in West Plains, Mo.
Perry is also an accomplished track athlete and last summer finished 8th in the heptathlon at the Junior Olympic Natoinal Championships. She will compete for the Freedom track team next spring to complete her senior year of athletics for the school.