Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Freedom’s Perry commits to College of Central Florida
Posted Nov 13, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 13, 2012 at 01:25 PM
Freedom senior outside hitter Jasmyn Perry has made a verbal commitment to the College of Central Florida, her mother, Kesha Lindo announced Tuesday.
Perry finished her high school career with a Freedom record of 422 kills, an average of nearly 5 per game. In this month’s Class 7A-District 9 championship, Perry produced a match-high 25 kills in the title game against Steinbrenner.
Her mother said Perry chose CCF because it’s one of the nation’s top-ranked two-year programs in volleyball, as well as the state’s No.1 squad. Last season, the Patriots were the Mid-Florida Conference champion at 6-0 and produced a 43-9 record en route to taking seventh place in the National Junior College Athletic Association volleyball tournament.
The Patriots (33-6) repeated as Mid-Florida Conference champs this season and are headed back to the NJCAA tournament in West Plains, Mo.
Perry is also an accomplished track athlete and last summer finished 8th in the heptathlon at the Junior Olympic Natoinal Championships. She will compete for the Freedom track team next spring to complete her senior year of athletics for the school.