Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Freedom’s Godwin commits to Minnesota
Posted Oct 31, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 09:57 PM
Freedom senior defensive back/running back Nate Godwin has made a verbal commitment to the University of Minnesota, Patriots head coach Todd Donohoe confirmed Wednesday night.
Godwin made the initial anouncement via his Twitter account Wednesday, saying “I have officially committed to the university of MINNESOTA !! #BIGTEN #GOPHERNATION #MAROON AND GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!’‘
So far this season, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Godwin has 22 tackles, an interception and has knocked down two passes. On offense, he has rushed for 130 yards and one touchdown on 36 carries. He also scored a touchdown on an 80-yard punt return in a win against Brandon.
Godwin also had offers from 15 other Division I schools, including the University of South Florida, West Virginia, Iowa State and Western Kentucky.
Minnesota football has won six national championships and 18 Big Ten Conference titles. One of the nation’s oldest football programs, the Golden Gophers played their first game on Sept. 29, 1882.