Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Freedom QB King transfers to CDS
Posted Dec 7, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Dec 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Freedom starting quarterback Taylor King, who as a junior this season passed for 743 yards and eight touchdowns, has enrolled in Carrollwood Day School, CDS head coach Lane McLaughlin confirmed Friday.
McLaughlin says King’s transfer came after Thanksgiving and took him by surprise. But now that King is at the private Class 2A private school, McLaughlin says he is looking forward to seeing him under center.
‘‘He’s a good-looking athlete,’’ McLaughlin said. ‘‘And he’s a good kid, too. It should be interesting to see what he can do for us this spring.’‘
CDS will be losing this season’s starting QB, Vidal Woodruff, to graduation. He came to the school earlier this year from Robinson, where he was the starter until the arrival of Zain Gilmore from Blake.
In other CDS football news, McLaughlin says star running back Robert Davis is still committed to the University of Cincinnati despite the Bearcats losing their coach, Butch Jones, to Tennessee. However, McLaughlin said Davis could still take official visits to other schools as a result of the coaching change.