Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
FOX’s Sun Sports to replay 8 games from 2012
Posted Jan 4, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jan 4, 2013 at 03:02 PM
FOX’s Sun Sports will rebroadcast eight Rays games from the 2012 season every Tuesday at noon for the next eight weeks. Here is the schedule (subject to change):
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013, Noon
Game: April 6, vs. New York Yankees
Carlos Pena defied long odds against CC Sabathia and did it again against Mariano Rivera, lifting the Tampa Bay Rays to a thrilling 7-6 season-opening victory over the Yankees.
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, Noon
Game: April 26, vs. Los Angeles Angels
In his first official at-bat for the Rays, unlikely hero Brandon Allen hit a two-run, walk-off homer to lift Tampa Bay to its fifth straight win.
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013, Noon
Game: August 23, vs. Oakland Athletics
Alex Cobb pitched a masterful game striking out eight batters en route to his first career shutout.
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, Noon
Game: September 20, vs. Boston Red Sox
B.J. Upton hit a game-ending, three-run homer off Vicente Padilla, capping Tampa Bay’s six-run rally and lifting the Rays to a sorely needed 7-4 victory over the Red Sox.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, Noon
Game: September 25, at Boston Red Sox
David Price struck out a season-high 13, Jeff Keppinger hit a three-run homer and the Rays kept their playoff hopes alive with a 5-2 win over the Red Sox.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013, Noon
Game: September 30, at Chicago White Sox
David Price became the first 20-game winner in the history of the Rays via his strong seven-inning effort. He allowed two runs on five hits, walking two and striking out four.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, Noon
Game: October 1, vs. Baltimore Orioles
Alex Cobb had a dazzling performance on the mound in a 5-3 win over the Orioles, allowing one run over seven innings and striking out seven.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, Noon
Game: October 3, vs. Baltimore Orioles
Evan Longoria homered three times and the Rays shut down the Orioles 4-1 at Tropicana Field to close out the 2012 season.