Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
FOX’s Sun Sports to replay 8 games from 2012
Posted Jan 4, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jan 4, 2013 at 03:02 PM
FOX’s Sun Sports will rebroadcast eight Rays games from the 2012 season every Tuesday at noon for the next eight weeks. Here is the schedule (subject to change):
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013, Noon
Game: April 6, vs. New York Yankees
Carlos Pena defied long odds against CC Sabathia and did it again against Mariano Rivera, lifting the Tampa Bay Rays to a thrilling 7-6 season-opening victory over the Yankees.
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, Noon
Game: April 26, vs. Los Angeles Angels
In his first official at-bat for the Rays, unlikely hero Brandon Allen hit a two-run, walk-off homer to lift Tampa Bay to its fifth straight win.
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013, Noon
Game: August 23, vs. Oakland Athletics
Alex Cobb pitched a masterful game striking out eight batters en route to his first career shutout.
Airdate: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, Noon
Game: September 20, vs. Boston Red Sox
B.J. Upton hit a game-ending, three-run homer off Vicente Padilla, capping Tampa Bay’s six-run rally and lifting the Rays to a sorely needed 7-4 victory over the Red Sox.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, Noon
Game: September 25, at Boston Red Sox
David Price struck out a season-high 13, Jeff Keppinger hit a three-run homer and the Rays kept their playoff hopes alive with a 5-2 win over the Red Sox.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013, Noon
Game: September 30, at Chicago White Sox
David Price became the first 20-game winner in the history of the Rays via his strong seven-inning effort. He allowed two runs on five hits, walking two and striking out four.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, Noon
Game: October 1, vs. Baltimore Orioles
Alex Cobb had a dazzling performance on the mound in a 5-3 win over the Orioles, allowing one run over seven innings and striking out seven.
Airdate: Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, Noon
Game: October 3, vs. Baltimore Orioles
Evan Longoria homered three times and the Rays shut down the Orioles 4-1 at Tropicana Field to close out the 2012 season.