- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Fort Lauderdale DE Perry picks Bulls
Posted Jun 16, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Jun 16, 2011 at 07:23 PM
The University of South Florida football team has picked up another commitment for the 2012 recruiting class, securing a verbal pledge from Fort Lauderdale University School defensive end Daniel Perry.
Perry, listed at 6-foot-7 and 220 pounds, also held offers from Oregon, Buffalo and Western Michigan, according to recruiting websites Rivals.com and Scout.com.
Perry was a second-team selection on the Miami Herald’s All-Broward County football team for Class 1A-3A in 2010. He finished with 84 tackles and three sacks while helping University School reach the Class 2B state championship game, where the Suns lost in triple overtime to Ocala Trinity Catholic.
However, while the Bulls picked up a new member for the 2012 recruiting class, they also apparently lost one. Scout.com reported Archbishop Shaw (La.) defensive lineman Ryan Brown backed off his commitment to USF and has given a verbal pledge to Mississippi State. Verbal commitments are non-binding.
So, the Bulls’ 2012 recruiting class currently stands at four, with Pensacola cornerback Jalen Spencer, Admiral Farragut safety Rayshawn Jenkins and Union Grove (Ga.) cornerback D.J. White joining Perry.