- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Fort Lauderdale DE Perry picks Bulls
Posted Jun 16, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Jun 16, 2011 at 07:23 PM
The University of South Florida football team has picked up another commitment for the 2012 recruiting class, securing a verbal pledge from Fort Lauderdale University School defensive end Daniel Perry.
Perry, listed at 6-foot-7 and 220 pounds, also held offers from Oregon, Buffalo and Western Michigan, according to recruiting websites Rivals.com and Scout.com.
Perry was a second-team selection on the Miami Herald’s All-Broward County football team for Class 1A-3A in 2010. He finished with 84 tackles and three sacks while helping University School reach the Class 2B state championship game, where the Suns lost in triple overtime to Ocala Trinity Catholic.
However, while the Bulls picked up a new member for the 2012 recruiting class, they also apparently lost one. Scout.com reported Archbishop Shaw (La.) defensive lineman Ryan Brown backed off his commitment to USF and has given a verbal pledge to Mississippi State. Verbal commitments are non-binding.
So, the Bulls’ 2012 recruiting class currently stands at four, with Pensacola cornerback Jalen Spencer, Admiral Farragut safety Rayshawn Jenkins and Union Grove (Ga.) cornerback D.J. White joining Perry.