Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Former TC standout Rich-Rogers gives up foootball
Posted Aug 8, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 8, 2012 at 02:46 PM
Senior running back Jordan Rich-Rogers, Tampa Catholic’s leading rusher last season who transferred to Gaither earlier this year, has decided not to play football, Cowboys coach Jason Stokes said Wednesday.
Stokes said he believes Rich-Rogers has simply “lost the love for the game.” Rich-Rogers continues to be a student at Gaither but has not come out for fall drills. Last year at TC, Rich-Rogers piled up with 689 yards and 10 touchdowns to pace the Crusaders’ ground game.
Rich-Rogers and fellow former TC teammates Trevor Register, also a running back, and Kimo Vareen, a linebacker, withdrew from the private school shortly after the 2011 season concluded. Register is attending Jefferson while Vareen returned to Riverview.